24/7 Customer Support

Mon - Fri: 8am - 5pm

24 Hour Emergency Service

The Ultimate Guide to Heat Pumps, Gas Furnaces, and Central Air Conditioning in Vancouver, Washington

As the temperature fluctuates in Vancouver, Washington, your comfort at home or in the office largely depends on the efficiency of your HVAC system. It’s crucial to understand the different types of heating and cooling systems available, including heat pumps, gas furnaces, and central air conditioning. Knowing what each system offers and their respective SEER ratings can help you make an informed decision when investing in a new HVAC system.

Heat Pumps: Energy-Efficient Heating and Cooling

Heat pumps are a popular choice for many homeowners in Vancouver, Washington because they provide both heating and cooling. Unlike traditional systems that generate heat, a heat pump works by moving heat from one place to another. In the winter, it extracts heat from the outside air and pumps it indoors. During summer, it reverses the process and acts like an air conditioner, removing heat from your home and expelling it outdoors.

The energy efficiency of heat pumps is measured by the Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio (SEER) for cooling, and the Heating Seasonal Performance Factor (HSPF) for heating. A higher SEER or HSPF rating means greater energy efficiency. Investing in a heat pump with a high SEER rating can drastically reduce your energy consumption, saving you money on utility bills.

Gas Furnaces: Reliable and Powerful Heating

Gas furnaces are another excellent option for homeowners needing a powerful and reliable source of heat. Using natural gas as fuel, these systems produce a substantial amount of heat to keep your home warm even during the chilliest winter nights.

The efficiency of a gas furnace is measured by its Annual Fuel Utilization Efficiency (AFUE) rating. An AFUE rating of 90% means that 90% of the energy in the fuel becomes heat for the home, while the remaining 10% escapes up the chimney or elsewhere. A high-efficiency gas furnace can significantly lower your heating costs, making it an excellent investment for long-term savings.

Central Air Conditioning: Consistent and Comfortable Cooling

Central air conditioning is a preferred choice for many homeowners due to its ability to consistently cool all areas of a home. This system works by taking the warm air out of your home, cooling it, and then circulating it back throughout your house.

Like heat pumps, the efficiency of central air conditioners is also measured by SEER ratings. A higher SEER rating signifies more cooling output per unit of energy consumed, meaning a more efficient system. A new, high-SEER central air conditioning system can provide considerable energy savings over older, less-efficient models.

Why Invest in a New HVAC System?

Investing in a new HVAC system brings numerous benefits. Along with improved comfort, modern systems come with higher SEER, HSPF, and AFUE ratings, which mean greater energy efficiency and lower utility bills. Plus, they’re designed to operate more quietly, providing not just comfort but peace of mind.

Moreover, a new HVAC system can increase the value of your home, which can be beneficial if you plan to sell in the future. Potential buyers will appreciate the energy savings and comfort a high-efficiency HVAC system provides.

At Suretech Heating & Cooling, we understand that every home is unique. Our team of experts is ready to help you choose the best HVAC system for your needs, ensuring that you get the highest level of comfort and efficiency. Contact us today to learn more about how we can enhance your home’s comfort while saving you money.


24/7 Emergency Service Available. For an immediate need, please call (360) 305-3690.